Do you want to help other teens?
Do you like working with other teens?
Are you looking for a paid internship?
Then Harlem Youth Court is looking for YOU!
Being a Harlem Youth Court member is a very exciting experience. Members are trained in I penal code, development of sound arguments, precision questioning, and they learn how to carry out various roles of the court: jury member, jury foreperson, youth and community advocate, and judge.
What you will gain as a Youth Court Member….
- Help other teens and give back to your community
- Receive training in I penal code, sound arguments, and precision questioning
- Participation can count as community service hours
- Youth Court looks GREAT on college, scholarships, and job application
- Learn how the judicial process work
- Improve your public speaking skills
- Learn how to carry out various roles of the court: jury member, jury foreperson, youth and community advocate, and judge.
–You must be 14-18 years old by June 30, 2011.
–If you are under 18 years old, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission to join.
–You must be able to attend hearings every Monday and Wednesday from 4:30 -7pm during the school year.