Save Our Streets Crown Heights is seeking an Outreach Worker Supervisor to oversee the Crown Heights street outreach team. Check out the full job description and instructions on how to apply here: http://www.courtinnovation.
The ideal candidate:
- Will live in the Crown Heights neighborhood
- Should possess a commitment to ending inner city gun violence
- Must possess personal, preferably first-hand experience with street life and gang life
- Has a commitment to a crime-free lifestyle
- Must have strong relationships with a wide circle of Crown Heights residents, especially teens and young men who have been involved in gun violence or who are at high risk of involvement in gun violence
- Should have at least one year of work experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Must be able to work creatively within organizational and programmatic structures
- Must be able to model and encourage ethical, professional behavior in the work place
- Must have basic computer skills, good written communication skills and excellent oral communication skills
- Candidates may have a record of past misdemeanor or felony convictions but must not have any open criminal cases, convictions for sex-related related or domestic violence offenses and must not have any convictions for crimes involving children.