Position: Office Manager/Trainer (Volunteer AmeriCorps Position with a living stipend and educational award)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A SALARIED POSITION
The Crown Heights Community Mediation Center is a unique neighborhood institution that works to improve community problem-solving, collaboration, and inter-group relations in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Operating out of our storefront offices since 1998, the Mediation Center seeks innovative ways to promote community cohesion in our neighborhood, known for fragmentation. This includes providing residents with links to resources on issues like education, parenting, housing, and immigration; providing support to young people navigating the challenges of a community tainted by violence, drugs, and poverty; and galvanizing neighborhood, borough, and city stakeholders in order to improve the quality of life for all residents.
General office administration:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support.
- Process and respond to general requests for information.
- Manage and maintain inventory of office supplies and all office equipment.
- Manage calendar and appointments for the Judge and Director as needed.
- Manage and maintain contacts database.
- Prepare vendor payment requisitions for external vendors.
- Maintain filing system of receipts and invoices.
- Manage relationships with external vendors.
- Assist in conflict resolution and mediation trainings when needed (the opportunity for increased responsibility facilitating trainings may be available if desired).
- Coordinate the program planning and activities for the Crown Heights Leadership Training Institute. The Crown Heights Leadership is a program designed to bring together diverse members of the community together to learn concrete skills in community strengthening such as coalition building. Grant writing, working with the media, etc…
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing environments
- Computer savvy including knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Excellent phone manner
- Personable and excellent people skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Personal experience with public assistance, food stamps, public housing, homelessness, or medicaid is a plus but not needed
- Commit to the mission and purpose of the Crown Heights Community Mediation Center
- Represent the Mediation Center in a professional manner
This is a Full-Time AmeriCorps Member position. The Office Manager/Trainer will serve 1700 hours in 365 days, receive a living stipend, and an educational stipend.
To apply: No phone calls please. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the job title, “Office Manager/Trainer” in the subject line. Please submit your resume as soon as possible.
The Fund for the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity gives us strength and depth. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.